Our general terms and conditions
The present general terms and conditions for events in the Seminar Hotel Springer Schlößl Betriebs GmbH (hereinafter referred to as “Hotel”) are part of the contract issued by you (hereinafter referred to as the “Organiser”). Other conditions of the organiser are invalid. The organiser submits to these conditions as well as to all relevant trade law regulations and assumes the liability for their compliance by placing the order.
1. GUARANTY OF PARTICIPATING PERSONS
The hotel requires the exact number of participants in all events. This number acts as a guaranteed minimum number for which the hotel makes all preparations. The minimum number will be charged to the organiser in any case. Should the number of participants be greater than agreed, the hotel will attempt to host and accommodate all participants, according to the existing capacities. The place settings, overnight stays, meals and drinks etc., beyond the agreed number, will be charged additionally.
2. CANCELLATION OF EVENTS OR OVERNIGHT STAYS:
- For room reservations unrelated to an event it is agreed for group reservations
- That cancellations up to 6 weeks before check-in of the group are free of charge.
- For cancellations up to 30 days before departure, 50% of the overnight stay costs will be agreed as cancellation fees, from the 29th to the 20th day before departure 80% and from the 19th day until the start of the trip 100%.
- Excluded from the cancellation conditions described in point e) are New Year's Eve reservations. For New Year's Eve cancellations must be made 3 months before arrival, for cancellations thereafter 100% of the overnight stay will be charged as a cancellation fee.
- For cancellations of room reservations unrelated to an event is agreed for single reservations,
- cancellations up to 24 hours before check-in are free of charge.
- For cancellations within 24 hours before check-in and no shows, the price of one night's stay will be
- In case of early departure, the total price of the booked stay will be charged.
- The cancellation fee according to d) 3. does not apply if the early departure is reported to the hotel at least 24 hours before the actual departure. In this case, only the pro rata overnight stay costs for the next night will be charged.
- For cancellations of a one-day event the following cancellation fees are agreed:
- Cancellations up to 30 days before start of the event are free of charge.
- For cancellations from the 29th day until the beginning of the event, the entire event costs are to be paid as cancellation fees.
- The cancellation fees according to point c) 2. will not apply if the planned event is fixed between the 29th and 15th day before the start of the event for an appointment within 60 days (calculated from the original date of the event).
- For cancellations of a multi-day event (room rental, basic technology and gastronomy at a package price) is agreed:
- Cancellations up to 30 days before start of the event are free of charge.
- For cancellations from the 29th day to 4 days before the start of the event, 80% of the total event costs will be charged as cancellation
- For cancellations from the 3rd day before the start of the event, the entire event costs are to be paid as cancellation fees.
- If you book an event together with a room reservation at the same time, the cancellation conditions
listed in points 1 to 3 will apply at the same time to the overnight stays.
- All cancellations must be made in writing by the organiser to the hotel. Oral cancellations will not be accepted.
A list of participants must be sent to the hotel 14 days prior to departure.
- For the cancellation (reduction) of the booked number of persons it is agreed
- that the reduction of the number of persons up to 20% - 3 working days before the beginning of the event is possible, the costs for the actually booked, updated persons will be charged. Cancellations after this date are not considered.
- For reductions of more than 20% - 3 working days before the start of the event, the event costs will only be reduced by 20% and therefore 80% of the total event costs will have to be paid.
We provide the number of employees who meet an international quality standard. Should additional staff be required to fulfil your special requests, this will be charged at €19.- (excl. VAT) per employee per hour (from 10pm + 50% night supplement).
4. TECHNICIANS WORK
The placement of the tables, chairs and seminar equipment is included in the hall rental (packages).
The prices for additional work, such as construction of podiums, catwalk, light / sound systems or the like can be found in our presentation folder. If complicated technical work or equipment is required for the event, which are not included in our interior design, the hotel will entrust external companies with the execution and charge the organiser with the resulting costs. For logistical reasons, we reserve the right to move booked seminar rooms in case of need.
Our prices include taxes, levies and service charges, valid until the appearance of a new price list.
The offers and programmes created by us remain the intellectual property of the hotel until the order is placed. If programmes offered by us are not booked with us, but carried out elsewhere, we reserve the right to charge market-standard agency fees.
For loss or damage of property (also cash), which is brought along by participants of the organiser or by the organisers themselves (especially left behind in cars) and is on the business property (including park), the hotel can not be held liable.
Unless otherwise agreed, e.g. lump sum, all drinks will be charged according to the actual consumption / order value.
9. BROUGHT FOOD AND REFRESHMENTS
Without written agreement, no food and refreshments are allowed for self-consumption in the hotel. The hotel will charge a reasonable fee for bringing food and refreshments.
10. MUSIC, ARTISTIC DISPLAYS
Should the organiser plan artistic performances during the event, he is obliged to ensure timely registration for the AKM and amusement tax, as well as the notification to the responsible event officer (local commissariat). The organiser relieves the hotel of any responsibility for this with its order.
The organiser is obliged to obtain the approval of the hotel management for intended installations of decoration or other objects. The installation must be carried out by expert personnel and in consultation with the hotel management. All firefighting regulations must be observed. Decoration items provided by the hotel remain our property after the event. All costs incurred by production, installation and dismantling shall be borne by the organiser.
For damage caused by guests, employees or agents of the organiser, the organiser is liable. If necessary, the hotel management can demand the conclusion of suitable insurance from the organiser.
The parking of cars does not take place as part of an event contract and is therefore at your own risk.
There is an absolute dog ban on the entire premises!
The hotel management is entitled to terminate the contractual relationship at any time and without stating any reasons, if
a) the event endangers the smooth running of the business
b) the reputation and the security of the hotel appear endangered, and
c) in case of force majeure
Under no circumstances is the organiser entitled to assert claims for damages.
The bill will be issued on the last day of the event. Invoices are payable without deductions within 14 days. In case of late payment 15% default interest is payable. By placing the order, the client agrees to take over all pre-litigation costs in case of late payment.
15. WLAN USE
The guest is responsible for the data transmitted via the WLAN, the paid services and the legal transactions used. If the guest visits paid websites or incurs liabilities, the resulting costs are borne by him. He is obliged to comply with the applicable law when using the WLAN. This applies in particular to the following points:
a) the WLAN is used for neither the retrieval nor for the distribution of immoral or unlawful content.
b) no copyrighted goods are unlawfully reproduced, distributed or made accessible.
c) the applicable youth protection regulations are observed.
d) no harassing, slanderous or threatening content is sent or distributed.
e) the WLAN is not used to send bulk messages (spam) and / or other forms of improper advertising.
f) it is expressly forbidden to visit file sharing websites, especially to start music and / or movie downloads via our internet.
The guest exempts the owner of the accommodation establishment from all damage and claims of third parties, which are based on the unlawful use of the WLAN by the guest and / or a breach of this agreement; this also applies to costs and expenses associated with the use or defence thereof.
Deviations from these terms and conditions must be in writing.
For all claims arising out of or on the basis of the respective contract, Vienna is agreed as the exclusive place of jurisdiction.
Vienna, November 2018